Thursday, May 5, 2011

Let The Little Children Come To Me,



Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

Easter Sunday I had the honor and privilege of witnessing a glorious event.
My Godson Jaden completely submitted his life to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as he openly expressed his faith and commitment by being publicly baptized.  Jaden's passion and love for Jesus is so magnanimous it puts many adult to shame.

From the time I've known Jaden, Christ has always been his first love.  Jaden's hunger and thirst to know Him more is simply mind blowing.  Jaden's love for the Word of God is like none I've ever seen in a child his age, taking the journey with his mom to read through the bible in year and  he has often asked to have the bible read to him for his bed time story. I remember ministering at a church last year and Jaden and his mom, my dear friend Shay came to support me. A few days later Shay called to ask a few questions about the message because Jaden had listened so very intently to every word and wanted more detail and understanding.

Jaden also celebrated His 8th birthday Easter Sunday and seeing him live out his hearts desire to be baptized on Easter Sunday was such a joy and a manifestation of Psalms 37: 4 - Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of your heart. I know some may be wondering how this ties in and why this was such a big deal, but to know Jaden is to know why.

I'll let Shay tell you in her own words how we arrived at the place of Jaden's baptism on Easter and you'll see the how and the way:

"As soon as Jaden was able to read, at 3 years-old, he was in love with his Bible. His dream is to become a pastor.  Jaden also wanted to get baptized at the age of THREE!  We do believe in baptizing by immersion, but only when a person can express their faith for themselves. Naturally, I hesitated as I thought he was too young to understand. But he kept insisting he wanted to get baptized on his birthday in the year 2011.
When Jaden realized I was baptized on Easter Day...He wanted to get baptized on Easter Day as well! He also still wanted to get baptized on his birthday. (He wanted to celebrate his physical birthday & spiritual birthday the same day). Obviously, I knew he didn't understand. As I explained to him you can't get baptized TWICE! But Jaden kept insisting..and insisting..and insisting.
For kicks and giggles, I looked on-line to see the date of Easter 2011. Well, Easter Day 2011 was going to be April 24th....Which was indeed Jaden's actual birth date! Jaden would be turning 8 years-old on April 24 2011.  I looked up the biblical meaning of the number eight. The number eight is specially associated with Resurrection and Regeneration, and the beginning of a new era or order. The Lord had planned this day all along!"


Jaden's life is a testimony and witness to the power of God. I believe Jaden is an example of the Joshua generation that the Lord is raising up once again. Over the past two decades we saw what looked like a loss of generation of youth with a heart for Christ, but God is on the move. He is raising up leaders, world changers and movers and shakers for the advancment of His Kingdom. My heart rejoices as I see what the Lord is doing through this generation and the ones that are coming up for His glory.

Looking at Jaden, I see a move of God that is not isolated to just him but to countless numbers of others coming along side him. I have to tell you all this, God is already honoring Jaden's committment and showing signs of his desire to paster (lead) people to the Lord and in the things of the Lord. He is already having life changing impacts on those around him. Seeing Jaden get baptized gave another very special little boy Kole, the desire and courage to be baptized too. God's love, grace and  power is simply amazing and when we as adults can come as little children imagine the impact that our lives can make.

Blessings until next time,

1 comment:

Duke Taber said...

Let the little children come unto Me and forbid them not for such is the Kingdom of God.

Kudo's to Jaden!