Tuesday, January 31, 2012

HER Royal Idenity







Our mission for today is to let go of who we think we are in order to find out exactly who we are. This may come as a surprise but often they are they are not the same.
I grew up with my parents telling me could do and be anything in the world I wanted too and I believed them because their words always proved true. I've practiced the same thing with my children and because we have not steered them wrong before, they believed and received. Children believe what they are told or not told from the parental roles in their lives. 
Not everyone grew up being fed the truth of who they are. Some of us, many of us, were told quite the opposite. This was made even more evident to me today as I learned of a young woman this morning under the age of 17 with 4 children and HIV positive from a down-low individual.  
My heart broke when I heard this, all I could do was think what if she knew who she was, would there be a different story?
How many of you grew up feeling worthless, in fear, less than, anything but royal? When we hear a thing long enough we become to conform to it, we take on the identity of that thing. That is the first step towards our spiritual identity crisis. The first place where we step into not knowing who we are.
Even after our salvation we can carry those false identies. We hide them under our perfectly pressed church attire, our flawless fruitful serving saint faces and even under our powerful prayer warrior prayers. On the outside we look like we have it together, but in the inside we still battle insecurity, fear, unworthiness, unrighteousness. We may mask it over but it still creeps out ofen in the form of envy, jelousy, anger, gossip, backbiting, depression. Sometimes it leaks out as accusation of others "who do they think they are", "she thinks she is"and so forth and so on...
Oh lest we get it twisted it's not just those sisters sistting sad sack in Texas it's those who are sitting pretty in pride in your town too. How about when it manifests as eliteism, holier than thou; I forgot I was once a sinner in need of grace so I click my tongue and shake my head at all the ladies that I used to be but no one here or at my office or at my church or even my own spouse knows that side of my story? Becasue we didn't really know who we were we had to form our own conclusions and some times those conclusions lead us to believe or think even if it is only secretly that we are better than. We dress it up with words like I may have been yada yada yada but at least I was never blah blah blah... 
It's time to strip off, peel away and step out of who we think we are; good or bad because both are subjective - good is never quiet good enough -hence spirits of perfection comeing to trap us and bad is never bad enough - hence spirits of defeat and mind sets of self deprication come to bind us.
In our heads we know we are Royalty even confess it with our mouths but what about those times when we are all alone and the devil comes calling and we open the door and let him in and he commences to beating us up with who we aren't.
It's time to truly embrace who we are. The beautiful thing about our royal identity is this - we don't have to work for it, we don't have to strive to obtain it. It just is.
When we were adopted, grafted in, blood washed and redeemed we were given a new identity and that identy includes all of that and more. You ARE who He says you are.
We don't have to work or strive to become it, we are IT. The work comes not in putting on but in putting off, laying down and casting off.
Today your mission if you choose to accept it is to take off the false identity so you can see your true royalty.

2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22 ESV
And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee
Isaiah 62:3-5 ESV
You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. You shall no more be termed Forsaken, and your land shall no more be termed Desolate, but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her, and your land Married; for the Lord delights in you, and your land shall be married. For as a young man marries a young woman, so shall your sons marry you, and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you. 

Until next time,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post is just full of God's presence. Thanks Tony!