Wednesday, January 16, 2013

God loves you! Make the decision to believe Him.


Dear Well Watered Woman of God,

Did you all tune into lasts weeks Well Watered Woman talk radio show? If not, Sisters let me tell you, you missed a message for the masses!
I am so excited over this season the Well Watered Woman talk radio show as we bring to you Sister to Sister.
Sister to Sister is word filled wisdom that says sister let me tell you; you can make it, you can be free, you can be healed, you can be delivered and in the process be matured.
Many are going through the fight of their lives but through all of our issues, struggles and trials the Father is allowing the process to mature us and grow us up in our faith.
This season we have an amazing line up of guests who will be speaking life and sharing their hearts with you through the Word of God.
Each week our guest will also be sharing a blog post to recap the message from the show and just like you don’t want to miss the show you certainly don’t want to miss the word they will be sharing here.

I have to tell you I am still fired up over the powerful word our dear friend and sister in Christ; Lisa Shaw of Lisa Shaw Ministries shared with us. God surely kicked off our first show of the year with a word in due season.
A word of instruction, encouragement and direction. In this post you will get the meat of the message; God loves you! Make the decision to believe Him through her blog post. I've also included the shows episode so you can listen to it as well.

I encourage you all to allow the Holy Spirit to speak to your hearts through Lisa’s post and through this powerful word.

Blessings until next time,



 God loves you! Make the decision to believe Him.

Sister to sister I say this with love; God wants you to know that He loves you. He adores you and you are beautiful in His eyes.  That may seem like a simple message or one we should already know. We sing about it: Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so.  We talk about it, pray about it and tell others about it—that God loves us.  The question we must ask ourselves is do we really believe that amazing truth? Do we know it in our minds and believe it in our hearts or are we going through the motions?  If we truly know and believe then some things must change in our lives.  

Isaiah 43:10 (NIV) “You are my witnesses”, declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.”

God loves you! Do you know and believe Him? 
Take that life-changing truth into the depths of your heart.  When we do, our way of thinking toward others will change. Our ways of thinking about ourselves will change. Our behaviors, attitudes and words we speak will change. Our very relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit will change.
·         Are you ready for things to change in your life this year? 
·         Has God placed dreams within you? Are they unrealized?
If you said yes to either or both of those questions then there is something God is requiring of you, and that is that you make the deliberate decision to mature in Christ.  Maturity in age doesn't mean maturity in wisdom and spiritual growth.  The number of years we are saved doesn't reflect spiritual growth.  What does reflect spiritual growth in our lives?  When we make that hard, deliberate decision that we are going to go after more of God (not things) and cooperate with His will, word and way for our lives and desiring to grow continuously until our days here are done.  It means asking ourselves tough questions in the presence of God and being willing to hear the answers. 

Psalm 26:2-3 (Message Bible)  Examine me, God…make sure I’m FIT inside and out so I never lose sight of your love, but keep in step with you, never missing a beat.”

So many precious women appear to be whole by what they may say on social media, in the church, at their places of employ, in their homes and in the midst of their friendships but the truth is within the depths of their heart, in the recesses of their souls they are crying, injured, fractured and in need of hearing Jesus say, “Talitah Cumi!” which means, “Little girl, I say to you, arise!” (Mark 5:35-42).  Do you hear Jesus saying to you, “Arise Daughter, arise!” 

When I was like that of the women with the issue of blood (Mark 5:25-29) coming from a childhood of being abused and a lifestyle of fear based decisions and a long time journey of healing in the Lord; it wasn’t until I made up my mind that something had to change.  I wanted the shame, guilt, condemnation, and overwhelming fear in my life, unhealthy lifestyle of people-pleasing and feeling bad about Lisa to end! I wanted more of the Christian life than what I had up to that point.  Do you know what I did to really obtain that restorative healing power of God on my life? I had to do as the woman with the issue of blood did. I had to make the decision that I needed to get to the feet of Jesus—to touch Him knowing and believing that if I could just press through all the pain and hurts in my life and connect with Him more intimately than I had up to that point, that something would change!

I made a decision and then, I was deliberate in getting the results. It wasn’t easy. I wanted more than what the pastor preached on Sunday’s or what we could gain in mid-week service, Bible study and devotional time. All of that is good and necessary but I still wanted MORE of the GOD of the Bible and I had to go after Him for myself.  And I did. And I have seen His heart and hand at work in my life. And I still go after Him. Yes, God pursues us but there’s something amazing about going after more of Him; more of His word and prayer time with Him. More of a desire to say, “God show me myself…show me the parts of Lisa that need to be changed and God help me to cooperate with You so that change may happen and I may live the full life You have destined for me through my Lord Jesus. Please help me to have more of YOU so that I can share you with others who also need to know and believe you in Jesus Name! Amen.” 

In John 5:1-9 there was a man at the pool who was an invalid for 38 years.  Jesus asked this man a life-changing question, “Do you want to be whole?” This precious man gripped by his condition for so long didn’t even realize the Person asking the question or the Power within that Person to make it happen.  The man started making excuses for why he was there in that present condition.  Aren’t we like that at times? Making excuses for why we are reaming hidden behind the masks, behind our hurts, insecurities, imperfections, fears and struggles when Jesus did not ask us why. He asks us, Do you want to be whole? 
The answer sisters, takes us exercising our faith muscle to say, “Yes, Lord, I want to be whole. I want to be changed, healed spiritually and emotionally, blessed to be a blessing and fully restored. I want to be whole. I want to see the dreams you’ve placed within me realized this year. I lay down resolutions and pick up resolve--a resolve to make the decision and be deliberate in cooperating with Your hand at work in my life because I know You love me and I love You.

This is your year sisters! Masks off.  It’s time to become whole and mature in Christ. God loves and adores you! I’m excited about all the year will bring for you as a child of God.  Thank Him, even now. Don’t wait. Celebrate and I’m in it with you on this remarkable, humbling, courageous, challenging, deliberate and blessed Christian journey. Praying with and for you even now.

Because I am His,





Listen to internet radio with Well Watered Woman on Blog Talk Radio

No comments: