Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Whole Woman and Lisa Shaw



This morning I had the amazing honor of being a guest on The Whole Woman radio program. The show is hosted by my dear friend and sister in Christ Lisa Shaw.

For those who missed it we were blessed with the privilege of having Lisa on our radio program  last December and I still glean an incredible blessing every time I listen to the replay. 

I have watched Lisa from both afar and near and consider her not only a sister and friend but a true role model in the faith. She is a very real Woman of God.  To say I was blessed when Lisa invited me to be a guest is an understatement. As a woman who has known the place of being broken, to be invited on a program entitled The Whole Woman was at first a bit daunting. 

My initial thoughts were; Lord what will I have to offer, what can I bring to the table, what can I share with the women? His response was simply this; Me. If you give them Me you are giving them the world. As a woman who is no longer broken you understand the only reason you are whole is through Me and by Me and you can give them that.

As I pondered the words filtering into my heart, I wept 
silently. God had called me whole. No longer broken, barren or empty but whole! At that moment I really understood I am complete in Him.

Many of you know my story, you know the course of trials I've encountered along my walk with Him. During the heaviest legs of the journey one of the passages I clung to and found hope in was James 1: 2-4 - "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
My prayer was and has been Father help me to daily count it all joy, even when it seems to much to bear. Let patience have her perfect work in me, in my heart, in my soul that when I come out I will be whole, not lacking but complete in you.

Through the honor of an invitation God showed me that my prayer was not only heard but answered and in Him I truly am complete.

Thank you Lisa for being used by the Father to bless me in ways that words cannot describe. Your invitation revealed a jewel that I did not know was within my reach.

Lisa can be found ministering to women via her beautiful site - You Are His as well as on Facebook  and on Twitter.

She is also the author of the powerful, healing and life producing book You are Beautiful in God's Eyes.  I highly recommend this book for every woman especially those who have been wounded, abused and deal with feelings of being unworthy, not beautiful or less than all the glorious things the Father has said about you.

I invite and encourage you all to listen to the replay of today's program HERE, I believe it will bless you richly.

Until next time,

No comments: